PROFESSOR ABIKAN EMERGED AND SWORN-IN AS MULAN PRESIDENT
After about two months of painstaking selection process conducted by Shura (Consultative) Committee of the Muslim Lawyers’ Association of Nigeria (MULAN), Professor Abdulqadir Ibrahim Abikan of the University of Ilorin emerged as the President of the Association. Taking the mantle of leadership from Professor Adeleke Abdulrahim of Lagos State University, he was sworn-in along with other executive members at a virtual meeting held at 4:45pm today Thursday, 30th July, 2020. Here is the full list of his executive committee:
1. Prof Ibrahim Abdulqadir Abikan of Kwara state as President.
2. Dr Kazeem Olaniyan of Oyo state as VP 1.
3. Saidu Muhammad Tudun Wada from Kano state as VP 2.
4. Ismail Alasa of Abuja as Secretary General.
5. Dele Abbas of Osun state as Treasurer.
6. Fausat Bakare of Lagos state as Financial Secretary.
7. Muh AlAmeen Haruna of Plateau state as PRO.
8. Abdullahi Abbas Masanawa of Kaduna state as Auditor.
9. Umar Aminu Kalgo of Kebbi state as Welfare (Publicity) & Social Secretary.
10. Abubakar Musa Ndako of Niger state as 1st Ast Secretary.
11. Muhammad Usman Umar of Bauchi state as 2nd Ast Secretary.
12. Abubakar Abubakar Dogara of Nasarawa state as Ast Financial Secretary.
Before his new appointment, Professor Abikan was Dean of Law, University of Ilorin; President, Nigerian Association of Law Teachers (NALT); pioneer Dean of Law, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin; Vice Chairman, NBA Ilorin; and Chairman MULAN Kwara State branch. He is also currently serving as Director, School of Preliminary Studies, University of Ilorin.
We wish him tremendous success in his two year tenure of office.